#V1182 Receiving/Inventory Control Clerk
JOB POSTING #V1182 Receiving/Inventory Control Clerk
COMPANY NAME: Confidential
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Full time
HOURS: 40 hours
RATE OF PAY: TBD
POSTING DATE: January 11, 2018
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2018
We are a manufacturer of Natural Health Products and a distributor to retailers across Canada.
This position is responsible for efficient receiving, inventory control and management of goods.
Education & Qualifications:
- High School graduate.
- Computer literacy skills (Excel, Word, Inventory Management systems.)
- Valid drivers’ license required.
- Previous certification in WHMIS an asset
- Minimum of 2 years warehouse experience with understanding of shipping, receiving and inventory management processes.
- Experience and certification with forklifts and walkies.
- Understanding of FIFO inventory processes
- Understanding of Bar Code Scanning processes an asset
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in accordance to approved Standard Operating Procedures and Environmental, Health and Safety procedures.
- Receive all goods and materials for the Company in a timely manner, verifying each shipment to the packing slip and purchase order. Move the goods to quality control and/or warehouse location as required.
- Maintain accurate location information both physical and on ERP system.
- Maintain the Shipping/ Receiving area in a neat and orderly manner as required by Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform and manage inventory cycle counts and maintain accurate inventory across all processes ensuring 100% accountability ongoing including analysis of shipping processes that can affect inventory accuracy.
- Analyze inventory procedures and implement process improvement for inventory management as required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Effective problem solving/judgement skills.
- Able to interact with others at all levels within the company. Able to meet the heavy physical effort of the job.
Demonstrated ability to apply the following behavioral competencies on the job:
- Goal Oriented: Energetically focusing efforts on meeting objectives and taking initiatives where necessary
- Organization and Planning: Utilizing logical, systematic and orderly procedures to meet objectives
- Teamwork: Work effectively and productively with others
- Problem Solving: Anticipate, analyze, diagnose and resolve problems effectively
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively communicate, building rapport and relating well to all kinds of people
- Written Communication: Writing clearly, succinctly and understandably
- Diligence: Show careful attention to detail
In order to apply for this position email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org • Please indicate who your Employment Consultant or Job Developer is (if applicable) • Indicate where you found this job posting • State how your qualifications are a good match for the position • Only those selected for an interview will be contacted