N990 Inserter Operator
JOB POSTING N#990
Job Title: Inserter Operator
Rate of Pay: To de discussed
COMPANY: TC Transcontinental
Do you strive to be amongst the best? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 7,000 employees in Canada and the United States, and a revenue of C$2.0 billion in 2016. With our 3 business segments in Print, Media and Packaging we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Printing Sector. As the largest printer in Canada & one of the largest in North-America, you will join a team that is committed to helping everyone excel and reach their goals. The Print division has over 4,500 employees & 18 state-of-the-art print plants.
About this opportunity
This position will operate the inserting equipment in order to fulfill the insertion requirements that meet the customer needs and expectations while maintaining the highest level of quality and productivity.
What you will do
• To set up, operate and troubleshoot insertion machine correctly and in accordance with safety standards while maintaining production standards and efficiencies;
• To communicate any machine problems and or health & safety concerns to the
• To ensure that each assigned job is set up correctly as per the approved Lettershop
Sample provided by the Client Services Representative (CSR);
• To ensure all required materials are available and accurate to perform the assigned task including matrixes, samples, quality control sheet, stock and Canada Post information;
• Perform other duties as requested by Lettershop Supervisor in order to help the team effort;
• Work as part of a team, follow and adhere to Transcontinental’s code of ethics and
participate in the Continuous Improvements efforts;
• Fully understand and adhere to all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety, Human
Resources, Quality, Security and Company policies and procedures;
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario, the
Workplace Safety Insurance Act and all other applicable legislated environmental, health
& safety regulations;
• Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
• Operating experience with high speed equipment, camera systems and matching technology;
• Learns new procedures quickly and demonstrated ability to catch quality defects;
• Strong command of the English language and be able to follow all procedures relating to production processes and quality;
• Willingness and ability to train, cross train, and develop in a team environment;
• Ability to work overtime when required.
What we have to offer
• Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
• Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more
• Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs.
In order to apply for this position email your resume directly to email@example.com • Please indicate who your Employment Consultant or Job Developer is (if applicable) • Indicate where you found this job posting • State how your qualifications are a good match for the position